Results

Memories

Sometimes in life, some instances or moments or even a period of time, affects you so deeply that, it goes deep in to your memory, so deep that it will be there forever. You may not be remembering it all the time. But all its required to bring back all those feelings is just a music or a smell or a view or a season or something like that which we usually don’t give much importance to. We may not have realized it when we were experiencing it, that all these factors have affected us so much.

Sometimes we may be busy doing things and suddenly something, may be a smell of the fallen leaves of the winter, or a piece of music which used to be your favorite and then long forgotten, it will shock you, you feel the time slowing down, you slowly come to the present, look around or feel around, your brain rapidly searching for that ‘déjà vu’ [been there, done that] feeling, what is it? I have been here or experienced something similar. Everything that was inside your head seems to vanish. You start to think about the memory of yours which changed your day.

I was driving to my friend’s place which is also near to where I did my college days. Music was playing in the car. It was winter and the trees on both sides of the road have shed almost all their leaves. I haven’t noticed any of these until the song changed to one I used to love when I was in college. I and my friends used to go for trips and this was our song for almost all the occasion. Even in the exam mornings, for inspiration, to lighten up our moods we used to play that song. Suddenly I was pulled to the past, I was riding along with my friends hearing the song. I completely forgot what I am supposed to be doing, and I became the old graduation student. I rode straight to my college. Since it was the X’mas vacation, the place was deserted. I stopped my car, walked towards the college building. I stayed there for sometime. The smell of the air, the color of the place, the calm of the mountains near, I desperately wanted to go back to the past, meet all my friends talk to them. I thought about my girl friend, I missed her. I stayed there for some more time, wishing that some miracle will happen and will transport me back to one of those beautiful moments where we all were together and happy. Only when I walked back to my car that I realized my eyes were filled with tears. Then I remembered something said by one of my best friends “Don’t be sad that it is over, but be happy that it has happened to you” while we graduated and had to leave the college.

ps: What I have written here is similar to what happened to me during this X’mas holidays.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Manu,
U made me go back to my college days...U brought tears into my eyes.I havent turned towards my college from past 3-4 yrs.I will be soon visiting my college.Thanks for such a amazing blog Manu..

Deepa

Minu said...

Really nostalgic Manu ...
Even i think about those golden days in our college ..Those days are gone!!! Now we realise how much we loved our collge ...
Great Post Manu !!!

Anonymous said...

"What I have written here is SIMILAR to what happened to me during this X’mas holidays." Ne udeshichathu manasilaayilla...ethu nadanathaanenno allenno..??

Anonymous said...

"Don’t be sad that it is over, but be happy that it has happened to you"

Which friend of yours uttered these great words. I liked it. Very thoughtfull indeed.

angie said...

A tweet incident based on one of those subtle intricacies of human nature and person ... liked it.

Unknown said...

Manu,
that was really great blog....really taken me back to that good golden days...thought abut our class,tours,class tests.....everything......missing badly .....

Sandaya

Dragonfly said...

Thanks all..
I was having intense emotional outflows at that time and I wrote this blog right then inorder not to loose anything I wanted to express if I postponed it to further. Nice to know that you all liked it.