Results

EE6902 Computer Communication Networks Qn. Paper

Subject: EE6902 Computer Communication Networks
Department: ECE Dept, NUS
Semester I, AY 2009-10 Question Paper

I wanted to do this from last semester onwards. There are some modules for which the previous question papers are not released by the department. I wanted to write down the questions and publish them. Maybe it will help someone in the coming semesters. Since I had back to back exams last semester, I was not able to do it. This semester, I have taken the module called computer communication networks which comprises mainly the fundamentals and concepts. The previous year question papers were not released and I and my friends wondered how to prepare for the exams or how the pattern of the questions may be. That’s when I decided this year I am going to write down and publish the questions as I remember them. I and my friend made small notes of the questions after the exam itself and now I made it to a better form.

If you are reading this for your exams, all the best and perform well. If you have attended this exam and know the missing questions or if there is anything to add to this blog, please do so by leaving a comment. If you find this ‘venture’ helpful, do leave a comment. After all, it feels good to know that I have helped someone. Special thanks to my friend Dana, who helped me a lot for my exams, without whom I would not have made this blog possible or even study well for the exam.





Some Notes:
1. There is no guarantee for any of these questions to be exactly the same as seen in the question paper. I simply wrote down what I remember after the exams.
2. Even though I answered most of the questions, I am not sure about the answers and also I am too lazy to write down the answers. As our professor says, give it a try.
3. I am publishing this the next day of my exams and so I don’t know the results, yet.
4. In the end of the questions, the symbol © doesn’t mean copyright. All copyrights are with the professor or the university (or with whomever it is). It just means ‘courtesy’. ;)

Newly Added
I am posting the answer for the question 2 here. This answer has been sent by my friend Ganesh. Thank you very much Ganesh :)


4 comments:

Dragonfly said...

If you havent heard about the book "Introduction to Probability Models" by Sheldon M. Ross, you might want to check it out. I felt its a good read for the first part of the lecture. (QA 273 Ros)If you havent heard about the book "Introduction to Probability Models" by Sheldon M. Ross, you might want to check it out. I felt its a good read for the first part of the lecture. (QA 273 Ros)

Dragonfly said...

Here is the missing part of qn 1(b) from my anonymous friend.
1(b). A link has a total capacity of 10Mbps. User A wants to use 5 (not sure), user B wants 4 (not sure) user C wants 2.6 and user D wants 2Mbps each. Since we dont have the full bandwidth for all the users, come state a scheme for fair bandwidth allocation. Discuss why it is fair!
Thank you very much my anonymous friend. :)

Unknown said...

Hi,

How generous of you Manu, for the incoming students out there who want to take EE6902 :P... you can add this,

Example 1 from this site appeared on the exam.

http://www.ece.rutgers.edu/~marsic/Teaching/CCN/minmax-fairsh.html

Dragonfly said...

Thank you very much Medi! :)