Results

An evening at Marina Barrage

I’ve always been longing to do a photo-shoot trip in Singapore from the day I got my SLR. I kind of done it once last year, but it was not an exclusive photo-shoot trip. After my exams, I shortlisted the places I would like to visit for a photo shoot. I planned it with my friend (who is interested in photography and is better at it than me). One of my top choices was (and still is) capturing sunrise from MacRitchie Reservoir. I decided to start my long weekend with this trip and planned it for Saturday morning. For that I had to get up early in the morning by around 4:30am. It had been a looooooooong time since I had wake up so early and I couldn’t get the right mood and messed up the whole thing.
That’s when I decided to do another one. Since I suffer from “I-want-to-do-it-now” syndrome, I decided to do it that day itself. The next choice in my photo-shoot list was ‘sunset/evening at Marina Barrage’. From there, one will get an excellent view of Singapore city skyline and the night view is simply awesome. I had been to Marina Barrage once last year.
This time I got the ‘pieces’ right (only after some effort) and it was one ‘hell-uva’ a photo-shoot trip. I got tired pretty fast due to the hot and humid climate, but only after clicking lots of great snaps. I wanted to do more, may be another time.

The moon was really lovely and BIG.

When we started, there was wind and the reflections were not perfect.

I tried some monochrome versions too.

After some trial and error, I settled at this settings and the atmosphere was getting windless.

This is one of the best photos I took and the reflections are near perfect since there was almost no wind at all.

I wanted to stay longer and try more combinations, but I was damn tired and wanted to return home and get some rest. I was not particularly fond of night photography. After this experience, I am in love with it. Singapore is an extremely photogenic place for city and night photography with lovely skylines. I want to do more and I hope I will be able to do justice to this hobby of mine.

3 comments:

Aishwarya Ananth said...

Awesome snaps da :-) Loved the last 2 shots of the skyline with the flyer :D Too good!! :-)

Dragonfly said...

Thanks dear :)

Nandalal said...

Good tries da :)