Results

Why do people have to marry?

Why do people have to marry? When you read that question, most of you may be thinking what a stupid question that is. I don’t mean it in the general sense. It’s just that there are many friends of mine, especially woman friends, some of my very best friends, now they are all getting married. I am happy for that. But the feeling of loosing them through marriage is not that good. Some times we have to let things go, no matter how much you love or care for it. Still why is it like that? When things get too formal, or too serious, I don’t know, I don’t feel its too good. Van Wilder, the legend [a movie character I like very much] says, never take life too seriously, 'cos you will never get out of it, alive. May be its the social and cultural set up in India only. In western countries, people find their spouses on their own and then they don’t have to compromise on many things. Here everything is based on adjustments. It has its positive and negative side. I am not bothered about it. Let the things be like what they are. The only thing I am really sad about is that, after marriage, in 90% of the cases, people act like they have all the responsibility and never seems to get time for anything. Why is that? Sure you have to care for families and all. But I don’t know how to explain my feeling, now a days, when I hear any of my best friends, girls, are going to get married [unless its a love marriage] I get sad. Of course I am happy for them for getting in to their dream lives, but the feeling I get always is that I am going to miss them or more like, loose them. [In the case of love marriages, the feeling is different. I am not explaining it. Hope you understand.] We will never be the same again. I don’t know what happens to the "We all have to move on" theory, I really wonder why, why do you have to move on when you don’t like it. :( hmm.. I admit there are many things I don’t understand. Just writing some of my thoughts. And I don’t intend to make this a big debate or anything like that.

- Manu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god for arranged marriages. In this setup ugly and boring people like me can have the hope of getting married :)

Dragonfly said...

Hey, no one is boring or ugly, its just unique.. thats all..

Anonymous said...

Its not that people forget their friends after marriage, its just that their priorities changes. I read this blog and was suprised that there are people who think like me too ;-)

Dragonfly said...

Exactly what I said, why does their priorities change a LOT?