Results

Mission to Mall

The time was around 1830hrs. I was walking really fast to get to the basement of my building. I looked back to see whether anyone was following me. None was there to be seen. The place was almost deserted. I walked fast to the direction where I parked my bike. I had a feeling that someone was following me. My contact was waiting for me. The scheduled time was 1845hrs and the rendezvous point was a mall near by. I switched off my mobile. Just for a moment I got a glimpse of someone just disappearing around the corner. But I couldn’t let that happen. I can’t let anyone distracting me from this assignment. I have waited long for this day to come.
I started my bike and got out of the basement and slowly entered the courtyard. Suddenly I sped my bike in to the road in front of me ignoring the “Dead slow: High speed traffic ahead” sign board. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw another bike getting out of the basement. There was heavy traffic in the road. I took a left turn after sometime and entered in to a less crowded road. I wanted to reach the mall in time. I can’t afford to let my contact go away. He traveled half way around the world for this meeting. He had some computer discs with precious data I had custom ordered him to bring from the country he was doing his previous assignment.
I decided not to use the mall’s parking facility. No records [parking tickets] of me being there are to be found. So I parked my bike near another building behind a construction site. I started walking towards the mall. The mall was heavily crowded. I tried to merge in to the crowd. I took my mobile, switched it on and called the contact.
“I haven’t had my lunch, so I will be there in the food court”, heard the voice from other end.
“Ok, I will be there soon”, I said.
I again checked whether I reached there in time, I was not too late. I looked around and started towards the food court. The time was 1900hrs. I scanned the area for any immediate threats and also to find out my contact. He was waiting there at one of those tables, eating some thing, some continental dish I guess. I made sure no one else was watching us and decided to proceed.
I joined him. “Hey man, how are ya?” I asked.
“Nice to see you man, its almost half an year”, he smiled.
“You got the data I asked for?”
“For sure man, I do”
“Show it to me then”. I took my laptop and switched it on, used its finger print scanning facility and logged in. He gave me a small baggage. My mind was racing. This is the moment I have been waiting for the past 6 months. I opened it. Yeah! The discs were there. I inserted the DVDs one by one in my laptop to see if it was for real. Yeah, all of them were for real. A smile came in to my face.
All of the computer games I asked were there. The games I dreamed having. My friend, who just came from Japan after his onsite assignment, brought me those. Bioshock, Crysis, Lost Planet Xtreme Condition, Shadowrun, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, HALO 2, Half Life 2, DOOM 3, Need for Speed Carbon, Age of Empires III etc.
“So are you happy?” He asked me.
“Ofcourse man, you are my best friend”, saying that we hugged each other.
Later we had a nice talk over the dinner together, after 6 months.

ps: Except for some minor details, all the incidents in this blog are true. Thanks to him, one of my best friends who gave me this idea. :)

7 comments:

Icarus said...

No one can catch The One! :-p

Anonymous said...

Da .. this is cool .. who is the best friend, May I ask ?? Or is it top secret - like - "I'll tell you but then I'll have to kill you!!" stuff ?? ;)

Anila said...

Well written! :)
Who is this friend, Anoop?

Dragonfly said...

yeah, Anup.. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOOKING FOR A BROADBAND
CONNECTION IN BANGALORE
BUT
TIRED OF HEARING THE WORD
NOT FEASIBLE!!!!!
HERE COMES THE SOLUTION


Get upto 3 months Broadband free

Anonymous said...

LOOKING FOR A BROADBAND
CONNECTION
BUT
TIRED OF HEARING THE WORD
NOT FEASIBLE!!!!!
HERE COMES THE SOLUTION

Get upto 3 months Broadband free

Contact- 9342038366

Ismart said...

LOOKING FOR A BROADBAND CONNECTION IN BANGALORE BUT TIRED OF HEARING THE WORD NOT FEASIBLE!!!!! HERE COMES THE SOLUTION FEATURES ? WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY ? HIGH SPEED SURFING ? 3 LEVEL SECURITY FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: 9035788837