Results

Colours

I always loved colours. The way they change the moods, always amazed me. I even used to associate colours to common thing like actions or letters or numbers and all. I know it may sound crazy to the readers. But I use to do it and I liked it. It’s really amazing how we can make new colours out of mixing some basic ones, right? Somehow almost always, I knew which colours to mix to get the one colour I want.

The picture on the right side of this page [my profile picture] is the result of such an experiment by me to create a colour combo. I think I succeeded up to some point. If you ask me what my inspiration for all these, I don’t know. But I do know this much, whenever I see something beautiful, like a landscape, or some beautiful lights or a path or anything of beauty, the first thing I feel like doing is to copy it to a paper using colours. [I mostly do landscapes] The feeling/satisfaction you will get after such a creation is unexplainable. You feel enormously proud looking at your creation (if it is a fine one). Simply you can say “I feel like God”. I can imagine how He may have felt after creating all his creations [according to The Holy Bible]. God may have felt immense satisfaction seeing all his creations. It surely does need a lot of imagination to do all these. Here are some of my experiments with colors.

The Dream - Watercolor
Harbour Dusk - Watercolor

The Mystery - Glass Painting

7 comments:

Icarus said...

You associate colours with letters and numbers? You must be suffering from synesthesia! Check it out!

Dragonfly said...

I said na, readers may assume I am crazy or me having some 'syndrome'.. ;). But I guess many ppl have small small secrets like these which they usually don't tell others.. :)

Icarus said...

Are you serious? You are a synesthete??? Okay, you see this rainbow? 1234567 ;-)

Dragonfly said...

It was when i was a kid man.. i guess i loved colors more than numbers and letters. ;) no, the rainbow is not like that..

Anonymous said...

The pictures are too good Manu!!!

Dragonfly said...

Thanks Minu...

Veena said...

very good pics...