Results

What the hell?

I tried to ‘loveBangalore. But here is something I would like to share with you. Can any one please explain these traffic signals?? Especially my ‘I love Bangalore’ friends. I am confused about all these. I took these photos from Madiwala, near the Hanuman temple.

1. All the signals are red and all the vehicles are moving. Why?

2. Ok, the previous one may have been the drivers’ error. May be they saw the road deserted and went ahead. But what about this one?? If you look at this picture, you can see all the green signals are there. They tell the drivers, it’s ok to go wherever you want to go, left, right or straight. The road is all yours. [In fact, you cannot take a left turn here].

3. Can somebody help me out here, please? Which one do I choose? The red one or the green one? [Yes the green light shows ‘go straight’ not ‘go right’, zoom it, you’ll see. And I don’t think there is a left turn there, if that’s what the red indicates]
Don’t think this is a faulty traffic light post, its like this every time. I checked it many times. Fortunately I don’t have to use my bike in this road so often.

4. This time its my fault, I didn’t see the sign post [No Parking] [This photo, I took from across the mall, Forum] I’m not blaming anyone here, just that I want you to know this is a ‘no parking’ space and if you park here, there is a chance that the police will impound your vehicle [Look close, you can see the ‘no parking’ sign, near the transformer, where 2 bikes are parked]. Last day, after a movie at Forum, when I came back, I couldn’t find my bike. I saw people stacking some bikes into a carriage truck. I enquired and they said, come to Madiwala Police Station. Finally I ‘released’ my bike for Rs 300/-.

5. What can you say about this? Ofcourse this is not a main road[Maruthinagar], but obviously one with really heavy traffic. And during a Saturday evening [hope you know the traffic rush of weekends], they have set up a stage right in the middle of the road.

These are a few things I came across over a period of 2 days, about Bangalore. If I start writing about all the things, I don't think this blog will be enough. So much for the great Bangalore.

9 comments:

Anila said...

Manu, show me any place you love and I'll give you enough reasons to ask 'What the hell?' For that matter show me any person/thing you love and I'll give you enough reasons to ask 'What the hell?'So please stop dragging your ‘I love Bangalore’ friends to answer these questions. You could've put forward your observation in a much more healthy manner rather than like this.
Maybe you can stop 'trying' to love Bangalore. And you can choose the 'easier' way of finding a new reason everyday, to hate it.

Geethmala said...

Love Bangalore or Hate Bangalore, that's not the question.. ppl don't have traffic sense here man.. that's the problem.. can u believe some guy started honkin behind my vehicle while i was waiting for the signal to turn green?

aw.. put the same ppl on the US roads.. they'l behave properly or they'l be done for.. the traffic policemen too suck here..

so.. until the government does somethin (hehe.. if they form a government that is ;)) v gotta face all kinda problems like this..

Dragonfly said...

ha ha ha.. :) Hey Ani, dont get furious. I like Bangalore, really. But these are somethings which drive me crazy. I dont see anyone doing anything about these. I wanted to protest in some way and here it is. And about the "'I love Bangalore' frnds" comment, I just made it to drive you ppl nuts.. :) ha ha.. All I wanted was to write a blog about those things, and later I made it such a way that, I will get your attention. Poor marketing technique.. ;) But it is working I think. :) If I was writing Blogs before coming to Bangalore, I wud have written similar things about the places I have been before also. So dont worry. The point is, what are you doing about it?
And geethmala, I also had a similar exp, like a man cursing me just because I was waiting for the red to turn green, in a deserted road.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Manu!
I cant believe that some people love Bangalore. I really wish I could!

Dragonfly said...

Thanks Adil, for supporting me.. I think you are missing some of the recent blogs about Bangalore.. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Manu, instead of complaining about Bangalore City,its pollution levels,auto drivers,its traffic ,why dont people like u(I prefer to call u guys refugees,since u have come from outside land to earn a living here) return back to your own home land? I am 100% sure,things will become like before.And we will get back our old calm,peaceful,Green City back.

Dragonfly said...

Dear Bangalore Girl, This is exactly what I said about the attitude of Banglooreans, towards outsiders.. I thought India 'is' famous for its attitude towards outsiders, the welcoming nature, instead of saying 'F*** off' from here.
Then I have clearly told that I like Bangalore, its just that i want it to be good, I mean, for outsiders to feel welcome here. What are you doing about it? This weekend, some of my frnds came from Kerala and they really became scared seeing the traffic here. I dont want that to happen. Because, last time when I was here[b4 3yrs], I loved this place and I wanted to move here always. And now I am sad seeing the current state of Bangalore. And I dont see anyone doing anything about it, except cursing it. I know, you may ask what are you doing about it. Yes I try to obey traffic rules the way I can. And, if this blog of mine helps in making this city better, I wud like it. And, I think, you Bangalooreans, reading such blogs or articles, should also try for the betterment of the city, not to tell others to 'F*** off'.

Gautam said...

I am from Bangalore but I think any place can only be as good as the residents of the place want it to be. I currently don't live in Bangalore but if I were to start cursing about the place I am in for its drawbacks and not do anything about it actively then the fault lies with me and not the place. At the end of the day any place in a third world country at this point in time is as good as any other third world country place. And if majority of the people were to be actively involved in bettering the place they were in I suspect there would be a lot many super good cities in India and unfortunately there isn't even a single one and what is even more unfortunate is that that is a democratic choice.

Dragonfly said...

Hi Gautam,
nice to see your remark here. :) But I think Japan is also a third world country. And try reading some articles or ask to some of your friends there how it is. nyway. what you said is true, if we do our part correctly, and not saying he/she is not doing it, so why me?, 50% of the problem will be solved. Just dont think about what others are doing, just do your part and be an example for others. Thats all what I am saying here.