Results

The Lake House

I’ve always wondered how they make such beautiful stories about love, capture it in the film so perfect that you never want to come out of the magical world, the movie has taken you to. I’ve stumbled up on one such movie recently.

It was a rainy day. I love to simply sit in my house, look out through the glass window, and see the rain. I was alone in my home. The mood was getting on to me. I felt lonely. I selected the movie “The Lake House” as a pass time, just because of my love towards buildings by river/lake sides. But it turned out to be an amazing movie.

The movie had all the elements I would love spending all my time for. A ‘seductively beautiful’ house by the lake side- a glass box - which gives you a gorgeous view of the lake, almost like one which I always dream of building myself, a gifted architect (a profession which I admire) who lives in the house, a really scenic place – something which I long to own one day, those sunsets you can enjoy from the lake house, and a beautiful story of love which is so impossible and mysterious, where there is no place for logic, but one which make you wish that it is real. And a magical mailbox, which makes everything a reality.


“What if you found, the one you were meant for? But you lived two years apart?” What if the one person who walked right in to your life, turned it around, is two years apart from your life? One person whom you can never meet, but the one you want to give your whole heart to. Even though its clearly impossible, it’s amazing to see what love can do to us, all of us.


Yeah, that’s the theme of the movie. Sounding absurd? It sounded the same way to me when I saw the trailer. Now it’s another fairytale which I like to keep very close to my heart.







Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thelakehouse/small.html
Site: http://thelakehousemovie.warnerbros.com/

4 comments:

Wandering Gaijin said...

Wow !! You write sooo good yaar ..
I gonna watch this movie right now.

Wandering Gaijin said...

hey, I watched the movie yday nite itself .
Its a weirdly beautiful story .. Me too loved it. :)

angie said...

seen the movie too :) "beautiful story of love which is so impossible"... and yes a fairytale story...

A live journal of our life together for future reference said...

Pan's Labrynth is another beauty.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan's_Labrynth

-- kA