Results

A Toast

I am not entirely sure why I am publishing this in my blog. May I want all those who didn't attend the function and didn't get a chance to hear me saying those words, to read them. Anyway, my sister got engaged on Oct 2nd, 2008. And here is the toast, I presented for them.

"Hi everyone, I would like to propose a toast for Milu and Ginto, the best couple in the world, according to me. She is my one and only little sister, speaking of which I have lots of memories. Some are happy; some are not, some are wonderful, so wonderful that I won’t be able to forget any of them in my life time.

When I look back, I am really amazed at how fast it is that the time flies by. I remember vividly, all those times we spent together during our childhood. All our fights, which ended always when either of our parents – Achachan and Amma – intervened. We even spent much of our college days together. Even now, we are very close. My point is, she is one hell of a person, who has influenced me a lot and left a long standing impression in my life. She has always been there for me, through my hard times to help me out and to share my happiness when I was happy.

You know, when I first realized that they are going to get married, which I haven’t done yet, I was, I was little angry and jealous towards Ginto. The mere thought that he is going to take away this integral part of my life, my little treasure, from me, gave me a real hard time. Later when I came to know more about Ginto, I realized that, not only that I am NOT going to loose my dear vava, but I am also gaining a Big brother, which is something I used to wish for. Along with that, I’ve gained another set of parents – Ginto's parents - and a new brother and friend – Anish who is Ginto’s brother. Now I feel that I am going to be the luckiest person in this world to have the best sister and brother-in-law.

You know, I’ve read somewhere that 'true love is the soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another person'. And I think that that's a very rare thing in this world and something to be valued. And I'm really happy that my little sister's found it. Congratulations, my dear sweet sister and her lucky fiancĂ©, Ginto. I wish you both a very adventurous and wonderful life, together. Cheers to you both."

ps: Most of the last paragraph, I have 'borrowed' from the movie Wedding Crashers. The rest, I have written myself.

4 comments:

[ dhondhooni ] said...

awww... that's soo cute!! i wish my brothers would make such a toast when i get married. your sister is one lucky girl i must say. first for finding true love and second for having u as a brother!

Wandering Gaijin said...

Wonderful .. Almost made me cry.
This is really very sweet ..

All the best to the couple !

angie said...

you dont need mine or anyone's comments to grade your toast man... jotting this for recordsake...
the sequence of emotions that came to you, well its been expressed very simply and sincerely with no negative play. this kind of writing and flow can only come from one's purity of heart (at least about the subject at the time of narration;) ) and that is transparently obvious in your words... some people are like windows to another person; apparently your sister is one such person to you.
i told my recently married friend the same thing u brought out here, when she was on a low.. to think of it this way: not that u are losing your close ones but that u are gaining some more who are you going to love you as their Own... :) "SWANTHAM aayittu snehikkaan kurachu peru koodi" and you know what man, she is living that truth now!

God bless the couple... and the green bro ;) hehee..

Dragonfly said...

Thanks all of you... You are very right Anjie, they just gained some more to love with all their heart and soul. :)