Results

Thanks to Amba Bajaj

This is the mail I had to send to customerservice@bajajauto.co.in (and to the regional heads) today. Thanks to Amba Bajaj.


From,

Manu Ignatius


To Whom It May Concern:

Bajaj Customer Service

Bajaj Auto India Ltd.


Subject: Feedback about customer service


Sir,

I own a Bajaj Pulsar 180cc, 2006 model bike (vehicle no). And I love it and I take care of it really well. But I am loosing faith on your customer service and dealers. I bought my bike on <date>. During that time, I had some issues and I had to mail to this same email id and I got the bike after a long time.

I gave my bike for 4th free service yesterday (October 14, 2008) to Amba Bajaj service centre in Hongasandra. (Bill attached). I could not go there to collect my bike yesterday due to some personal reasons. I called them by around 7pm, and they said, bike is ready, but I can collect it today (October 15th) morning. You can clearly see from the bill that I collected on Oct 15th. When I went there to collect my bike, it was not ready. After I paid the bill, they started cleaning my bike. Then I noticed that, the bike was not at all clean. There was mud all over the engine, the silencer and the central stand. I was on my way to office and I wanted the bike fast. But, I told them this issue and they said they will do washing again. I had to wait there for 30 mins. I missed a very serious meeting in my office. But it was ok for me, as long as my bike is good. Even after 30mins, when I couldn’t see anyone responsible for the bike, I went inside the service centre and the guy who washed it said its ready and I can take it. The bike was washed, but it was totally wet. I asked them how long will it take to dry it. He said, its ready, and he is not going to dry it. I felt thoroughly cheated, and it was like he slapped in my face. I wanted to complain this to some one, but I couldn’t find anyone who is responsible there. I felt like, no one is accountable for any work in that service centre. I trusted your company and service centers. But if this is the case, where will I go for service?

I saw a label there about your goals. It said, 100% customer satisfaction – in my case its 0% + loss of time + mental agony. Also I saw another goal which says, no repeat works – if I had checked it again, I would have to tell them to wash my bike again. Because it was not clean as I wanted. By these incidents, I am loosing all the faith in your service centers. The bike is a great one, but I don’t know how long I can take this kind of customer treatment from your service centers.

Yours truly,

Manu Ignatius

ps: I have posted an online complaint also regarding this same issue.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

im your favorite reader here!

Anonymous said...

very clever.

Anonymous said...

don't worry!... those *&#*&$*#& are in business and they are shameless too... they never mind whatever you complain too... because they are only interested in volume business... more quicker service... more money... I felt slapping them many times!... In my 5yrs bike service history with Popular Bajaj... then never gave me a good impression... more over each service used to be frustrating... and every time they used to force me to shout at them too... Really unprofessional and shameless guys.

angie said...

hmmm.. if this is the way it is,those words amount to nothings huh. good to get a tip-off like thi (although i wldnt be considerin a bike in the near-future ;) )
u truly have a different cross-section of readers for this entry;)...

Nandalal said...

Manu, worthwhile of mentioning this incident. I often felt the same with bajaj service centers. Things are mostly the same in Chennai also. I have an AMC for my bike in a service center here. What use.. I feel that i have wasted 1000Rs taking that AMC and becoming a 'Valued' customer. Their service is degrading day by day.